Get advice, mentorship and inspiration

MAKE A DIFFERENT...

Written by :Steven Gentle Mokwena


South Africa

I was born and raised in South Africa, my both parents are South Africans. Our country suffered a lot of discrimination and inequality under the apartheid government. Growing up under apartheid and under difficult circumstances was not easy at all, even though my parents were not that politically active because of fear of the apartheid government.

Apartheid has affected my entire family very negatively in terms of us getting education, 'cause most of them never really got time to study and understand the importance of education at that time.

Even today under the current government my family is still not that politically active or rich, all these is as a results of the injustices of the apartheid government.

But over an above all that I love South Africa with all of my heart and soul certainly because this is the land of my forefathers. Regardless of the injustices of the past we are still able to live with each other indians ,colourds,blacks and white in peace and harmony.

Yes they may be challenges here and there but we will always welcome our fellow brothers and sisters from all over Africa into our homes. Whether you are a Chinese or Japanese we welcome you and try to teach you about our cultures and traditions that we have in our beautiful country South Africa.

One thing our forefathers from my small village has taught us is respect, love and the spirit of Ubuntu. That's the reason why I love my country and I'm proud of this great country South Africa.

Stay positive and motivated...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you need to know about Depression. Depression has robbed South Africa and the entire world of many young and talented stars, ...

Stay motivated