Get advice, mentorship and inspiration

MAKE A DIFFERENT...

Written by :Steven Gentle Mokwena


The story of a village boy

Our past will forever exist in our presence.
I thought I left my past behind me but it seems I was wrong, I was born in a poor family background but at some point I had managed to come out of poverty. I am a guy of 30 and my name is fortune. Being raised by a single parent in a village, it was tough indeed.

My circumstances were very difficult and different compared to the circumstances of the other village boys,Different in the sense that we often went to sleep on an empty stomach. My mother took out her frustrations on me, being the firstborn of six children I would take most of the beatings from my mom.

My mom was struggling to make ends meat but she worked hard to provide food for us. When the lashes and shouting from my mom were unbearable I would even thought I was adopted.

These kind of an abuse affected my performance at school even though I was a bright student. Coming from a poor family background, you suffer abuse from your own parents and from the entire village,hence they say it takes a village to raise a child,but when your parents take out their frustrations on you and the village say nasty stuff about your family, your fellow teens disrespect you.

Your fellow teens make you feel you are the reason why your family its going through a rough path, you take all the blame and you have to carry a heavy burden on your shoulder from an early age all the way to adulthood. When I grew up I thought my suffering days were completely over but I was wrong, my past is still haunting me and indeed my past does exist in me.

Because I had to grow up very fast and unconsciously I took up my childhood pain that I had endured with me into my adulthood, now I'm still stucked in my past, my past and my present are at war with each other. My past seems to be stronger than my present,old habit die hard and my future is suffering a serious attack from my past and present.

I can't break the bottles of my past.I spent 18 years at my village, the 18 years of pain and suffering was not only physically but emotional and psychological as well. My attitude towards life today is a results of the abuse I have suffered as a child.

 My attitude determines my altitude but I'm emotionally damaged but now for me to live a normal life and succeed I need to fully depend on my psychology........

This is a story of a boy from a poor family background who grew up in a village but he never lost hope, in the end he became a better person in the society, I hope you too will be inspired and motivated by his story and don't let your past determine your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you need to know about Depression. Depression has robbed South Africa and the entire world of many young and talented stars, ...

Stay motivated