Get advice, mentorship and inspiration

MAKE A DIFFERENT...

Written by :Steven Gentle Mokwena


Worry less and worship more.

Lets worry less and worship more.
In the book of Luke12:25-26, the lord and our saviour Jesus says 25" Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?". Today we are living in a world were crime is seldom been normalized, criminals are often been glorified by youngsters and they take them as role models.

My message to my fellow young people not only in our country South Africa but throughout the world is that crime doesn't pay. There are so many challenges that we as youth from all four corners of the earth are facing on a daily basis that need an urgent solution and committing crime nor suicide is not the solution.Bible says the wages of sin is death.
One of the most common and a very serious issues we are facing as young people not only in our land but throughout the world is a high number of unemployment, youth in particular. As a result of these most young people end up abusing alcohol and drugs, dropping out of high school,getting stress and depression that drives them to commit crime if not suicide.

To all my fellow south africans, young people in particular and everybody who might be going through the same situation and challenges, I would like you to understand something. And I'm not saying this just because I'm a motivational speaker in fact I have been through some of the situations and challenges that you are currently going through and I'm still here. So over and above all that I know and understand your confusions and frustrations. I'm a young black African man from previously disadvantaged background. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I was born and bred in a small village. I grew up playing in the dusty streets. I grew up as a Shepherd boy just like many other African boys. For us to eat meat we had to get into the nearest tangled forests and hunt for rabbits and all other eatable wild animals we could get, I must say that we risked getting bitten by all kinds of poisoners snakes including pythons, just for us to eat meat. Sometimes it was fun and very dangerous as well.

As students we had to walk for more than five miles to get to school and back home on a daily basis. Today I can read and write thanks God. And I am Proudly South African. I am a black man from the dark side. Whatever the difficulties we have faced in the past and in the present will never make me to hate my fellow countryman black and white. Hating one another will never be the solution. Pointing fingers at each other won't fix anything. Fighting one another is not the best way to deal with societal issues. If we can continue to work together as a country young black men and white men there is a lot we can achieve. I don't even own a small piece of land in our country and I'm only just a motivational speaker with no financial support from anyone but it worries me when I realise that most white farmers in South Africa are now living in fear everyday of being killed by some insane individual who can't even spell the word "land". The only support I'm getting is when you keep visiting this website for more motivation and sharing it with your friends and family. And getting invited to deliver motivational talks at schools, churches,weddings and other events. By sharing my personal experiences and stories through motivation, that's how I get support. I'm passionate about motivation and every time when somebody get inspired and motivated to pursue their dreams and career, I become very excited and I sleep peaceful at night knowing that I have changed somebody's life.

Many of our parents had raised us working in these farms. If I don't own a farm how could killing one farmer make me own one. And honestly speaking I like farming with my whole heart but I know nothing about farming, the only thing that I'm good at is teaching IT if not doing motivational speaking. So to all my fellow peace loving South Africans let's condemn the killings of all farmers with all possible terms.One death of a farmer black and White is too many.

 Only through negotiations we can find solutions to our problems, these is the legacy of  Nelson Mandela and all other great leaders of our country.The man who stayed 27years behind prison bars and still came out and said "I forgive my jailers". He knew and understood the importance of forgiveness very well. He didn't receive a Nobel peace price by mistake. A global icon and a very educated man who was well versed in law. Let me tell you wherever you are young and old people, we grow in trials and tribulations. Job in the Bible says" a man born of a woman his days on earth are few and full of trouble ", meaning no matter how rich or poor you can be, you cannot duck and dive troubles of life. That's how we learn and grow, but if we are strong enough in the end we will always get double for our trouble. Remember that always we reap what we sow and if we sow hatred that's what we will get in the end.

 As young people let's not allow temporal problems to push us to engage in wrongful activities. Instead of spending lot of time complaining about unemployment, let's create employment and volunteer in community projects. Instead of looking for somebody who can help us let's look for people we can help, its not always about financial support. I believe our hands and wits will be always needed somewhere else. And I think by helping each other is the rent we are paying here on earth. The moment we feel like we can't make it, let's think of those who are less fortunate. The fact of the matter is life is not equally fair to all of us, and it doesn't treat us equally. I mean if today Steven is complaining about the long hours he spend working, on the other hand Sizwe is worrying about being unemployed. Tomorrow Rose is complaining about not having food to eat at home while Rihanna worries about an incurable disease she has. Life is tough these are all different problems we go through on a day to day basis. Believe it or not no matter how blessed you could be in life, problems will always be there. We all have good days and bad ones, problems come and go. When we are going through difficulties of life, it doesn't mean is the end of our careers nor life. Where there is life there is hope, while we are busy trying to build something God is busy trying to build our characters.
Let's not worry too much about setbacks because God is only preparing great things ahead of us.Proper Planning and preparation is good for us to succeed in everything but that doesn't guarantee success, what does guarantee success is hard work and determination. Winners never quits because quitters never win, if Madiba spend 27years in prison fighting for apartheid and never gave up, it means anything is possible in life. We must never Waste our God given time on earth worrying about the things we have and what we don't have. Worrying and complaining simply drains our emotional energy and will definitely send us to an early grave. By worrying sometimes we think it will solve our problems but what it does is, it creates more problems. There are lot of illnesses we can invite into our health by worrying.

What I'm saying is let's continue to work together, pray together young black and white people in building our nation. Undermining and disrespecting each other is not the solution. As young people worry less and worship more all the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything you need to know about Depression. Depression has robbed South Africa and the entire world of many young and talented stars, ...

Stay motivated